
Getty
Jarred Vanderbilt #2 and Christian Wood #35 of the Los Angeles Lakers battle Andre Drummond #3 of the Chicago Bulls for the rebound.
the Los Angeles Lakers center Christian Boisabsent since February 21 with a knee injuryrecently obtained a temporary restraining order against his model ex-girlfriend, according to a TMZ Report.
According to court documents obtained by TMZ Sports, Wood accused Yasmine Lopezwho boasts of 1.8 million followers on Instagram, of having made his life hell after their breakup in December 2022.
Lopez is the mother of Wood’s 8-month-old son Kobe Sean.
“Wood claims that on February 23, 2024, Lopez and her friends entered his California residence by climbing a fence…and she began scratching the hood and doors of his Mercedes-Benz,” TMZ said.
“The Neighborhood Talk” posted video footage of Wood’s vandalized car on Instagram.
It was one of several incidents of harassment by Lopez, Woods alleged in the court filing obtained by TMZ.
“Wood also details an August 2023 incident in which he says Lopez broke into his Encino home…destroying statues, glass and vases and attempting to punch him,” TMZ said. “He says friends who were present at the time called the police, who calmed the situation.”
The Lakers’ backup center also added in court documents obtained by TMZ that Lopez had broken into his home seven months earlier.
“Wood also accuses Lopez of entering his home without permission in January 2023, while he was a member of the Dallas Mavericks… claiming she spray-painted his Lamborghini,” TMZ reported.
Lopez was ordered to “not abuse” Wood and to “stay at least 100 yards away” from the Lakers big man, except for only “brief, peaceful contact” when dealing with of conversation about their child, according to TMZ.
Wood joined the Lakers on a two-year, $5.7 million contract last summer.
Lakers sign former lottery pick to fill Christian Wood void
Following Wood’s knee injury, the Lakers added Hary Giles III in a two-way deal, according to Shams Charania of The Athleticfor frontline depth.
Giles, 25, will join the Lakers on Monday, by ESPN, taking over Dylan Windler’s two-way spot, who was waived to make room for the roster change. However, Giles will only be available for the remainder of the regular season. Two-way players are not eligible to be on the team’s playoff roster.
Giles, a former Duke star who was the 20th overall pick in 2017, was waived by the Brooklyn Nets last month. The 6-foot-11 forward averaged 3.4 points on 50 percent shooting and 1.6 rebounds in 5.1 minutes in 16 games this season.
Giles will serve as third-string center behind the Lakers Anthony Davis and Jaxon Hayes while Wood is on the mend.
Anthony Davis ribs LeBron James above 40,000 point milestone
Davis teased his Lakers co-star LeBron James after becoming the first player to reach the 40,000 point plateau.
“I was just telling him in the locker room that maybe he should stop breaking records because we always lose every time he breaks a record,” Davis told reporters following the Lakers’ 124-114 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Saturday, March 2 at Crypto.com Arena. “And he said the same thing.”
James reached 40,000 points on a layup with 10:39 left in the second quarter. The 39-year-old Lakers superstar finished with 26 points and nine assists, but that wasn’t enough to exorcise the ghost of their crushing 2023 Western Conference Finals loss to the Nuggets.
Last year, James surpassed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the NBA’s all-time leading scorer. But it also ended with a 133-130 defeat to the Oklahoma City Thunder despite his 38-point performance.
Alder Almo is a basketball reporter who covers the New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers and Golden State Warriors for Heavy. He has over 15 years of experience in local and international media, including broadcast, print and digital. He previously covered the Knicks for Empire Sports Media and the NBA for Off the Glass. Alder is originally from the Philippines and is now based in Jersey City, New Jersey. Learn more about Alder Almo